What We Believe
Our statement of faith
- That there is one God, who has always lived and will always live in three persons, God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.
- In the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth and in His sinless life. We believe that He died to restore our relationship with the Father, was raised again and is now seated in Heaven. We also believe that He will return again to earth one day to Jerusalem as Sovereign Lord of all.
- The whole Bible, Old and New Testaments, to be inspired by God and therefore without error. It is the Word of God to us, by which we can learn of His character and plan for our lives.
- That all people are born without a relationship with God, as a result of Adam’s disobedience. That God desires to have a relationship with all people and that anyone can have this relationship by recognising that their relationship with God is broken and accepting that Jesus, the Son of God, died to repair that relationship.
- That God is all-powerful and is as capable of performing miracles as He has always been. Works of healing in body soul and mind are within His power. The greatest miracle of all is the free healing and cleansing of our souls, enabling us to be restored in our relationship with God through confession and repentance accepting Jesus as Lord and Saviour.
- That the baptism of the Holy Spirit, according to Acts 2:4, is given to believers who ask for it and the personal act of baptism by immersion.
- In the power of the Holy Spirit and His works according to scripture.
- In the raising from the dead, resurrection, of both the saved (those who have believed in Christ) and the lost (those who have not), the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto resurrection of everlasting judgement and condemnation.